Eurotech does product certification and installation validation for Crystalline/Thin Film and CPV Modules.
Popular product standards against which Eurotech does certification are:
- IEC 61215 2nd Edition - This IEC standard specifies requirements for the design qualification and type approval of terrestrial photovoltaic modules suitable for long-term operation in general open air climates.
- IEC 61646:2008 - This International Standard lays down requirements for the design qualification and type approval of terrestrial , thin- film photovoltaic modules suitable for long- term operation in general open-air climates as defined in IEC 60721-2-1.
- IEC 61701:2011 - This Standard describes test sequences useful to determine the resistance of different PV modules to corrosion from salt mist containing Cl-(NaCl, MgCl2, etc.). All tests included in the sequences, except the bypass diode functionality test, are fully described in IEC 61215,IEC 61646,IEC 62108, IEC 61730-2 and IEC 60068-2-52.
- IEC 61730-1:2004 - This part of IEC 61730 describes the fundamental construction requirements for photovoltaic (PV) modules in order to provide safe electrical and mechanical operation during their expected lifetime. Specific topics are provided to assess the prevention of electrical shock, fire hazards, and personal injury due to mechanical and environmental stresses. This part of IEC 61730 pertains to the particular requirements of construction. IEC 61730-2 outlines the requirements of testing.
- IEC 62108:2007 - This International Standard specifies the minimum requirements for the design qualification and type approval of concentrator photovoltaic (CPV) modules and assemblies suitable for long-term operation in general open-air climates.
Product Certification Process involves:
STEP 1: The Eurotech Engineer will draw the sample from Production for submission to a NABL Accredited Lab for testing against standard.
STEP 2: Submission of test Report from a NABL Accredited Lab + Bills of Material + Circuit Diagram+ Installation guidelines and other manual.
STEP 3: Review of Test report by Eurotech Engineer.
STEP 4: Audit of manufacturing Site.
STEP 5: Review of Audit Report and issue of Certificate.