The 8 basics of ISO 9001:2015 are based on the quality management principles which enable the organizations to consistently embed quality in their products and create value for their customers. These 8 basics are:
- The customer is the center of it all: The first and foremost focus of Quality Management System is to meet and exceed customer expectations. You’ll begin to see ISO 9001 at work when you observe an expansion of your customer base with new customers and increased repeat business from the loyal customers.
- Leaders at all levels need to ensure unity of direction and purpose: Leaders don’t have to order, tell or command employees to do something. True leadership requires developing a work culture in which people know and do what needs to be done under a unified direction and purpose. A leader also needs to improve communication and coordination among all the functions in the organization to meet the desired quality objectives.
- Engaged employees are productive employees: People being an organization’s most important asset, when employees are engaged, they become more empowered, competent and dependable to deliver value. Engaging people means giving them recognition for their work, constantly communicating with them, respecting them as individuals and enhancing their personal and professional development.
- Understand the process approach: Leaders need to understand that each activity they do is part of a system which should be linked together with other sub-system to form one cohesive system. Employees, machines, leaders and processes don’t each work in lone. Their individual activities should be managed as interrelated processes to meet one objective. This helps to achieve more consistent and predictable results and also enhances the ability of people to focus their efforts on key areas.
- Keep Improving: Organization, with a positive outlook on improvement, can better react to changes in the external and internal environments if necessary. For example, technologies evolve too quickly or become obsolete. To prevent the organization from its negative effects, employees at all levels need to be trained on how to apply new methodologies and tools.
- Decisions based on evidence: Decision making is a complex process which involves multiple inputs and their interpretations. All the data required by the decision makers should be accurate, secure and reliable and should be evaluated by competent people using suitable methods.
- Foster relationships with relevant partners: Here partners may include customers, employees, resellers, investors, suppliers and the community.
- Implement a system approach: The process approach is part of the system approach. This means that analyzing, understanding, and managing interrelated processes help in creating a coherent system that contributes to effectiveness and efficiency in attaining organizational objectives.
Eurotech ACSPL is an IRCA approved training partner (ATP) and conduct ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Trainings and Certifications in Delhi, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Chennai, Lucknow and Ahmedabad. We provide both in-house as well as open-house trainings at reasonable fee. To know more about these trainings, drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +91 9316744482 or 0172 - 4191128.